Author Topic: What kind of mid and longrange competitions are here and what can I use  (Read 138 times)

Goat

I want to get into competitive rifle shooting later this year when I get my arm out this sling. What is the difference between f class and xtc and etc.?

I currently have an FN SPR in 308. I am saving up for a scope but I'm not sure what I need to be lookin for. I am interested in the Nightforce ATACR in 5-25x. Can I use suppressors?

mickey

• Administrator
  • SSST
I want to get into competitive rifle shooting later this year when I get my arm out this sling. What is the difference between f class and xtc and etc.?

I currently have an FN SPR in 308. I am saving up for a scope but I'm not sure what I need to be lookin for. I am interested in the Nightforce ATACR in 5-25x. Can I use suppressors?

XTC shoots from a sling
We also have sling shooters that shoot our monthly 600y f class matches.

As for f class, actually the 308 falls in F T/R within f class and shoots from a bipod. Single load. 18.18# rifle weight max.
NRA does not allow suppressors or muzzle brakes in these matches.

600y FPR matches on the 2nd Saturday of the month allow muzzle brakes and suppressors. You must feed from the magazine, have a bipod with folding legs, and scopes must be cut back to 25x.

The 5-25x atacr scopes have nice glass. I bought one within the past year for my 6.5x47.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:46:41 AM by mickey »

Goat

When is the next f/tr match that I can go watch? I bought my 308 FN SPR because I heard 308 was a good caliber to start with if I want to get into competing. I know I won't be taking home any trophies with it but I still want to try. I would also like to see what other people are using for glass so I can get my hands on them before I spend two thousand dollars on a scope.

mickey

• Administrator
  • SSST
When is the next f/tr match that I can go watch? I bought my 308 FN SPR because I heard 308 was a good caliber to start with if I want to get into competing. I know I won't be taking home any trophies with it but I still want to try. I would also like to see what other people are using for glass so I can get my hands on them before I spend two thousand dollars on a scope.

First Saturday of the month.
The next match is actually the regional 2 day match April 2 and 3.
It is sold out if I am not mistaken but you are more than welcome to come out and check it out.