Author Topic: January 13th 600Y Field Precision Match at Palo Alto RESULTS ADDED (For Dwight)  (Read 619 times)

3Groove

• Global Moderator
  • Glen Padgett
Our first monthly match of 2018 is this coming Saturday January 13th.  I hope to see everyone out there. Registration will begin at 7:15 and end at 8:00. Firing will commence at 8:30.  I do ask that everyone chip in and get the flags out and targets refaced if needed and ready the pits once your gear is situated.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:56:21 AM by 3Groove »
"Each of us, a cell of awareness.
Imperfect and incomplete.
Genetic Blends with uncertain ends.
On a fortune hunt that's far to fleet."

Neil Peart(Rush)  "Freewill"

Bob L.

Re: January 13th 600Y Field Precision Match at Palo Alto
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:05:56 PM »
I have the new radios all charged and ready to go.
Bob

rardoin

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:56:37 AM »
I bought a couple of 1qt. Goldenrod oilers to donate to the range.  I just can't stand those little POS cans that we have now ;).

3Groove

• Global Moderator
  • Glen Padgett
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 02:50:40 AM »
Thank you very much Bob.  And thank you Robin.  And to anyone else planning on attending I hear that the range is pretty wet so I would bring some boot/shoes that you don't mind getting wet.
It seems that it will be cold and there should  be a pretty stiff breeze blowing.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

GB300wm

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »
Ditto 3groove. Thank you Bob and Robin.
I just got back from the camp...brrrr cold. See  you guys in the morning.

rardoin

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 03:42:07 AM »
Glad you will make if Jerry.  The oilers did not come in yet but I will have hot chocolate!!! ;D  Glenn...tell Theresa it goes good with donuts ;D.

3Groove

• Global Moderator
  • Glen Padgett
Re: January 13th 600Y Field Precision Match at Palo Alto RESULTS ADDED
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 01:55:34 AM »
Field Precision Rifle Match
January 13th, 2018

11 Shooters showed for our inaugural match of 2018.  Hardy were the souls that showed up for this match that started out in the mid 20’s and at the end of the match you could still see frost on  your breath.  Many thanks to Jerry and Robin for your help calling the line.  Jerry you did an outstanding job getting the flags up and Robin great job getting the targets set up and stowed away.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

The winds were strong out of the north and stayed that way all day.  Many eyes were on the flags watching them vary from strongly tipping to straight to 45 degrees and back again all within a very short time.  It was also a matter as to which flags to pay most attention to.  I guess to sum it all up would be to say the conditions were challenging…..

We had 6 shooters show for FPR this month.  Glen Padgett shot a  590-27X to earn first place and Paul Badeaux shot a 579-16X to garner second place.

4 shooters showed to shoot the match as an F Class match.  Bob Ludholm was the man setting the pace for all shooters shooting a 592-24X to earn the first place medal.  Jerry Boudreaux followed closely shooting a 590 with 22X’s to take second place.

Only one shooter showed to shoot the match as a sling shooter….Warren I think you scared them all away!!  Warren posted 2 nice strings totaling 394-20x after having a rifle malfunction in the first string.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and thank you for a safe match.

Glen and Jerry

FPR                                 
Glen Padgett      590-27X         
Paul Badeaux      579-16X            
James Authement   573-16X      
Gino Saldino      555-3X         
Tim Kinchen      536-6X
Larry Arnold       452-4X

F-Class
Bob Ludholm             592-24X
Jerry Boudreaux        590-22X
Robin Ardoin             586-22X
Shane Marler            519-3X

Prone
Warren Freeman    DNF

Snuggie

• FTR/ F-OPEN
You da man Dr Yankum!!  Thanks bro! 8). Some great shooting by all in very tough conditions!! Congrats to the winners !
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:19:32 AM by Snuggie »

rardoin

You da man Dr Yankum!!  Thanks bro! 8). Some great shooting by all in very tough conditions!! Congrats to the winners !

I'll second that!!!  Good job running the match also Glenn.  Thanks

GB300wm

Congrats to the winners, it was really tough out there, and did I mention cold...brrr
Glen did a fine job also. Well done bud and really great shooting.
See you guys next time, maybe it’ll warm up a little.

rardoin

I'll miss y'all next match as I will be in Phoenix the first two weekends of February.  I WON'T miss the cold weather however ;).

3Groove

• Global Moderator
  • Glen Padgett
I'll miss y'all next match as I will be in Phoenix the first two weekends of February.  I WON'T miss the cold weather however ;).

In Phoenix for a match if i'm not mistaken??  Good Luck to you Robin.  You've been shooting well.

GB300wm

Good Luck Robin. We’ll be pulling for you bud.

Snuggie

• FTR/ F-OPEN
Good luck Robin!  Show em what da PA boys are made of!! 8)

rardoin

Going to do my best.  I put my barrel/load from the state match on the action and did a verification test.  Looking really good at 300 yds...it should still hold out to 600.  I really appreciate all the help/tutoring/mentorship I have received over the last 2 years.  I'll have my PA cap on for sure ;)